Thread: Syndicate
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #223
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This is an oldschool game. You need to think like an oldschool player.

The best first hint: there is always at least two ways to do the mission. The head on approach (which is the simplest and work most of the time but is risky) and the covert approach (you do realize you can mind control any citizen you want to bring with you, right?). Most missions even have very obvious courses of action, like infiltrate the base covertly with a vehicle then get out in the base and blow everything up from the inside... Or find a dead end with great close weapons or very powerful weapons and torch every enemy coming your way past that corner you keep firing at. The AI will suddenly look very, very, very dumb to you instead of being a hundred times better than you.

Also, this game is basically won by over-researching your opponents. If you bothered to watch the intro then you should already know what I am talking about. Research better weapons and better implants than your competitors, implement them... And suddenly it's so easy to win every mission it's almost not fun anymore. Simply don't forget to bring medkits for every soldiers and heal yourself as needed.

I finished this game in about a week of sporadic play. That was when I was a teenager. I bet you'll be able to find your way around this game... As long as you stop thinking like a stupid average neo-gamer who expect everything to fall on your lap all the time.