Thread: Colonization
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #220
Japo
Autonomous human

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lowlylowlycook @ Aug 10 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]247799[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have a dumb question. Is there a way of removing colonists from a colony to move them to a better place? I can move them to the outside the colony area but unless they are soldiers I never see them on the map. Am I missing something?[/b]
I guess it's only that most times only so many units can be displayed while on the same spot. There's no difference between soldiers and other colonists, believe me. If you've moved them out you'll be prompted to move them the next turn --they won't have moves left the same turn they're de-assigned, no matter whether they're soldiers or not.

If they're fortified or on sentry --they won't unless you've actively ordered them so-- and there are only so many units on the city spot that you can see only the first few ones when using the "activate unit" order for instance, you can manage them --fortify, sentry, clear orders-- in the colony management screen. At the bottom right, below the surrounding terrain view and above the commodities and "Exit" button, there's a window and three buttons. Press the one featuring a musket and then in the window you'll be able to manage a practically unlimited number of units.