Thread: Metal
View Single Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:52 AM   #9
lethe
Game freak

I find Manowar truly disgusting. Their lyrics are dull, some mix of slanged hair metal with bitter attitude, which is one they stand at all times. Both "Warriors Of The World" and their other album I heard (can't remember the name, something from 91/92) failed to get my attention musically too. I believe they might sound good live, they have the beat after all (and metal concerts scarce around here, so anything is a go) :whistle: but I wouldn't look too much further into them.

I'm based mostly on rock and grunge. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, A Perfect Circle, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, etc If I'm too choose any "preferred" area of metal, I guess I would pick some mix between progressive and melodic (Nightwish, Sonata Artica, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Opeth, Tool, Ayreon), it's the one I hear the most, even though I can enjoy basically everything in the area if it has any quality.

Weird fact: Sometimes I freak out and have the need to listen doom metal for days and days non-stop, or I feel like having a heroin hangover and my eyes hardly move. Amorphis, Lake of Tears, My Dying Bride, The Gathering, Forsaken, Katatonia to name a few. Gothic metal also comes handy as I love melodic depressive music, but most reknowned bands of this style turned out very mainstream and not doing their best nowadays. (Evanescence, Therion, Type O Negative, Bauhaus, After Forever). Same can be said about Anathema and Amorphis, their "new" (last couple of years) stuff is purely
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe