View Single Post
Old 23-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
Japo
Autonomous human

That's what I mean, the immersion and suspension of disbelief. The whole original idea behind RPGs, even though computer RPGs are (even) more oriented towards action. I guess development time gets eaten by the priority aspects of the game; people don't mind "arrows to the knee" if the game's fun.

I've never used any mods. I wouldn't know where to start, there are so many in so many websites... But this Morrowind Comes Alive sounds great, I'll keep it in mind if I re-play this someday.

Of course NPC intelligence and variety is more important than size. Morrowind isn't great in this department. I don't think I've played RPG that's good in this. Again priorities.

@Yoga, what didn't you like about Daggerfall? I loved it but dungeons did put me off. At the end of the game I was looking up the walkthrough to find my way through the main quest dungeons, because the maps were a nightmare; it's too bad. In Arena the dungeons have a great atmosphere. But I don't like that enemies appear out of nowhere, and combat and magic are too fast.

How stupid is it that so many RPGs have rats attack you and you need a weapon to kill them...?!

Last edited by Japo; 23-05-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo