View Single Post
Old 30-12-2008, 02:05 AM   #9
kittybrod
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Seeing you say your computer is peaking on the mem usage: Could you post the specs of your pc? DOSBox is resource hungry, and if your pc is at the low end, that might explain a few things.
I have attached a jpg of my system specs box, let me know if you need something else. I just didn't feel like typing everything in (sorry about that I have a headache right now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
mount d x:\ -t cdrom
That's it, not that hard I would think.
x:\ = your real CDdrive letter under Win.
Always mount your CDdrive as D, some games will only accept D as CDdrive, and always install your game IN dosbox. If it looks for a CD it will find it then, some store the CDdrive letter in a whatever.cfg file

XP has a basic SB emulation, problem is that the config params aren't the same as the SB emulated in dosbox.

For Darksun it runs best in dosbox configured as:
Run sound to configure sound params,
Answer no when asked if you want to use two soundcards and choose:
SB PRO 16 ASP
Do NOT accept default settings but choose:

adr 220
IRQ 7
DMA 1
It isn't hard to do, it is hard for me to REMEMBER, then I have to go through and find the readme or find the instructions in the help and then try to remember (I have a VERY bad memory) I will also try to install both the games in dosbox, and the thing is I tried with menzo today (but not from CD so it wouldn't complete) and I didn't get any red on it, it said my system was okay, yet when I did it under XP it said I needed more extended memory

I will try doing this with them and seeing if I can't get ONE to run at least, though today I was distracted by lands of lore.

Thanks again for the help, and I will try what you have suggested tomorrow (if I can tear myself away from Lands of Lore long enough) and get back to you on whether that works or not. I have just been wanting to reply DarkSun and I never got to finish Menzo from what I rememeber, I don't know why.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	System.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	318  
kittybrod is offline                         Send a private message to kittybrod