View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #235
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Second that.
The missions tend to get increasingly difficult after the first one, but actually only if don't let the game run for hours outside of the missions for research & taxes cash. If you do let it run for hours before going for further missions, researching thing after thing, the game gets quickly almost too easy once you go on to the missions.
Also in most missions there are good safe spots where you can let enemy agents come up to you without them being able to shoot you from far away, and roast them with flamethrowers or chainguns from very close, doing colossal damage in seconds.
I'm sorry but incrising difficuty? In a nonlinear-system game? How is that?

I only needed as weapon the Machine Gun to wreak havoc 99% or the missions. Found a prototype very early, between the 5-10th mission. The only other guns I needed was Gaus rifle (to eliminate vehicles), lazer (during Argetina mission) and Energy Shield (during 1 mission besides the Atlantic Station).

I only researched 1 thing at a time, and only waited when the project required less then 1.5 days.

When gazillion well equipped (= miniguns) enemy comes, it doesn't matter wether you have a "safe point" or not - you'll die. Make them come in few (direction and distance does not matter, the AI controlls the shoots remember). I found though only 1-2 missions where this problem occurs.