View Single Post
Old 22-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #3
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptMylar View Post
I can't seem to make game shortcuts any more in Dosbox .74 I'm using it on win 7 x64.

The default .conf seems to be hidden now. To get to it you have to go to Start > Dosbox > Options > dosbox options. But I copied the text out of the file anyway and tried to set up my game conf.
The conf file for Win 7 x64 is now located at:

{system drive}:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\DOSBox\dosbox-{version}.conf

The 'AppData' folder is hidden, so if you don't have show hidden files set up, you wouldn't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptMylar View Post
[autoexec]
cd mc2
mc2
exit

I have the mount c d:\dosgames\ and change to c: in the default options already.
Then I created a short cut with the following lines:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe" -conf "D:\DOSConf\mc2\mc2.conf"

What am I doing wrong?
I don't know about setting the default options, but the DOSBox default config file shows:

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
# You can put your MOUNT lines here.

So it would seem that might be a place to try to put your mount lines. Did you verify the program would start without the shortcut first? I've had trouble with shortcuts before and it was usually something with my config file, not the shortcut. In order to solve this, I usually take the "long way"; run DOSBox without any autoexec lines, type in the mount, change to c:...do everything manually to verify it works.

Also, the Target setup looks okay.
Is the Start in: field for the shortcut set to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74"

Just some thoughts. I am not an expert by any means.
Ohne
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid