View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #7
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaten View Post
I'd like to confirm a couple things with you:

1. Does the player directly control a single member of their chosen alien species, a group of them like an RTS, or was it more of a hands-off Sim/God game where you play with sliders and input numbers to enact more indirect change?

2. You say the game was "shareware", but that term is usually associated with games in an episodic/split format. Do you recall if the game was broken up like that, or if it was simply labeled "shareware" by the magazine?

I'm going to make the hopefully safe assumption that the PC Player publication you are referring to is the German one. While poking around, I found a tidy little fanpage, as well as a nice archive of scans. Based on my own analysis, it seems that the magazine didn't have the "Plus" disks until October 1994, and the contents are usually listed somewhere in the magazine, but between my inability to read German and the messy nature of the text-recognition software that was used when scanning the text of the magazines, I didn't make any real progress in finding which of the CDs it could have been. I'm not sure of anywhere to find disc images of the CDs, either.

I am intrigued by stuff I can't find any information on, like whatever "Locopani" is, but I've got too many tabs open and too much stuff I've been doing to indulge myself for long without further clear details. Sorry.

Oh, I guess I should also ask - can you remember if the game was localized to your language? (I assume German)
Sorry for the late response.

1. As i remember i were controlling 1 creature with that i was eating, fighting and pairing (with others from same species).

2. I know it was in the Shareware section on the CD. I don`t know if it was an episodic game or so, but i don`t think so.

Yeah, PC Player was a german magazine and i know that there is a fan site and so on. But it wasn`t really informatic with the content of the CD`s.
What i now know is, that it must be in a magazine or on a CD of 1995. The CD itself was yellow printed or had a yellow backround print with black letters.

I dunno for sure if the game was in german language, but i don`t think so. But that`s a hard question.
Klangfarben is offline                         Send a private message to Klangfarben