View Single Post
Old 19-07-2018, 11:23 PM   #298
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Hey, short walkthru of Binding of Issaac: Afterbirth here. New profile. Second attempt. (First was _extremely_ unsuccessful, I dead in the second room.

1. Room one. Start, three exits.
2. Room 2. Lost one heart, got back half-heart as prize.
3. Blasted my only bomb. Got locked chest and slot machine. No keys. :|
4. Got another half-heart.
5. Got nothing. Meh. But there is the chest in the room, only behind stones.
6. Got a key. There is blastable stone here, but no bombs.
7. Treasure room. 5 coins and card generator. (Used it, got 2 of hearts).
3-2. Unlocked the chest. Got a key back and another 2 coins. Used coin on slot machine, got 2 bombs.
6-2. Blasted a rock (accidentally spent both bombs), got another locked chest. Unlocked it, got a key, 3 coins, smiling detonated bomb and 1.5 hearts (not used).
3-3. Used slot machine again (0, 0, half-heart, coin, full heart, 0, coin, bomb).
5-2. Blasted stones for chest. Got bomb, 2 coins and key.
8. Used key for unlocking trader. Map (7 coins) and key (5). Meh. Wasted key.
3-4. Used all 5 coins for slot machine (heart, 0, half-heart, fly, 0). Blown slot machine with last bomb.Got bomb and three coins.
8. Boss. Used 2 of hearts - no effect (I suspect, it adds 2 hearts, but I had full life). Killed him, got another 2 hearts (so about a ten of wasted hearts remained on level. *sigh*). Got "Mom's coin purse" - stupid item that generated about five pills that I am afraid to use. Maybe it does anything else, as it not going away. But I am going to second level.

Level 2. I don't want to describe all level. I got Unicorn Stump instead Deck (stupid thing, gives invincibility and +28% speed for about ten seconds. Changed it back to Deck). There are three "trading" rooms here, one trades hearts for money (meh), two are locked. There is also sacrifice room, but I haven't extra hearts yet.

Killed the boss, got "Snack" (+1 max hearts) and 2 half-hearts. Got also Devil, and sacrificed this max heart for something... Ah, it was "Multidimensional baby" - minion that follows every my movement with delay. Useless, as most Devil's deals (but I didn't knew that at the moment of exchange) It doubles my shots, but only if catched with me. Not very useful.

Sacrificed 2 life, got one coin. Meh. But, well, I would lose all this hearts anyway.

On the third level I met mini-boss, killed him and got +2 max hearts. Unfortunately, selected wrong way after that ("spiky" door) that hadn't anything useful, but many monsters, and lost almost all life. And next room, with ton of bats, killed me - half-heart is too low for ten bats.

Am I need to continue? Game is quite easly on player who don't want to risk (I would be happy and alive if not gambling with devil and spikes). Yes, I didn't get extra weapons, but it was mere 3 levels. Nothing like horrors you described above.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 19-07-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre