twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
In Bastion you can pick up weapons

But you don't have to.
And if you do, you no longer can.
That is an issue that should have been adressed, with all the minigames (with rewards) relying on grabbing said weapons.

-----------------

Let's include then some more games from my TBP-list:

- Mary Skelters: it's some dungeon-crawling thingy, that genre combined with japanese games, aka tons of tons of dialogues. Dialogues without iintroduction.
Look, the game is nice, and is probably good to play, but I'd realy need to be teached how to play the foker, and the tons of talk just gets in my way, especialy if I have to do romance-stuff.
I have this up, passed the tutorial, but I'm considering uninstalling it, and reinstalling it maybe never, because I just wanned to open door, kill monster, grab loot.

- The house of fata morgana: with Wheel of Time on my hand, this "interactive novel" is very down on my list.

- Worms 2: Ye, it's a bit complicated to start, whatever. My problem is the same when I've played the CD version: I just stop at one point, not getting enough feedback of achievement. Maybe if I shouldn't start from the menu every single level, or some cutscene, or literaly anything more inclusive, I'd play the heck out of it.

- Children of Morta: Let's fiish this post on an upbeat tone. I love this game, though its difficulty-curve is nonsense. To start the thing is already an achievement itself, as you get characters both too slowly and too fast at the start, then developing them to any half-decent level is a torture.
Then there is your usual shitty feature: bonus exp/gold skills. So that halts your development again.
Then you want your very first character to "max" level (I mean skill-unlocking max requirement level), and that'll take a whiel... But is pretty much inevitable as that gives the absolute best thing in the game for every one of your characters: regeneration. Ye, this makes things a stand-around-simulator from the '90s, but believe me, you'll need that, especialy if you play on Hard (or as I plan on Insane) difficulty.
THEN there is yet another halt, the part the monsters hostage Mary, an NPC. There all normal levels are cut off, and with that all development aside exp is cut off too, as the special rescue-level has no resources. So never ever finish the first level of the second town, or you'll be screwed!

Still, if you get past the restrictive parts, this game is a very godd hack&slash with interresting character-abilities and powerups, and a fun world.
Town 3 could be better - and with the released new mode it actualy is with more enemies added to the few act 3 randos, making that city alive too.

So while there are some desig-flaws, and the start of the game is a slog, it's really starts to be fun if you get past that, worth your efforts.
It'd totaly deserve some good articles about it to hype it up - but you know, journalists don't have time or effort to reach past the pesky part, that's why you don't design the beggining of the game this way.