View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #526
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Just some quick notes on games I regretted buying

Book of Demons: This is actualy a very very nice game which I very very liked - until I found out the pre-order option, which says it is for all, but is actualy just for Steam, and as that has a ridiculously low price, I obviouslyrefuse to pay more just for playing on GoG, so I just abandoned the whole thing for unethical business-practice.

Tonight we riot: it is boring. You should get immersion to some anti-capitalist, pro-communist feeling, but the game simply has no content to provide you. It's mindless point&click, and you don't even get proper controls over your team. And it is ridiculously hard to figure out what the levels expect you to do to get those pesky buffs (extra items). And to pick the item you want is a pin too.

Jagged Aliance Rage: it should have lernt from Fallout Tactics and make turn-based actions optional. Or at least do UFO-style, and only force you to turn-based when the enemy can see you.
Otherwise I like the look of it, and the character designs.
Too bad it feeds on memory, and on top of it I tried to plug in a controller, and it not just did not work, but I could not revert back to mouse wither, so fuck this.

Cayne: it's semi-ok point&click adventure/horror game, but beats me what actualy happens in it. And I won't buy some other game just to learn that.

Contra: this game just fucks you in the ass. The enemy spawns inside the screen taking away reation-time. And it tend to respawn. And has a good chunk of randomizer on 'em. And there is not infinite continue. So ye, I see why this was hard, and I say it is not good.

Castlevania 1: this game is boring. And frustrating. The frustrating part is simply the medusa-heads. Just take those out of the game. Oh, than it isn't ven hard anymore? Well, not my business.

Warhammer: Chaosbane: look, I know this isn't supposed to be the greatest thing ever. I just wanned some Diablo-clone not involved Blizzard. I double-chacked, and I have the requirements for it. It lags. Pure and simple, it is insufferable. Sure, if I had some nifty high-end videocard, it'd be good, but this is just next level bullshit.

--------------

I did not regret this, but...

Anvil of Dawn
Well, now I could play it. Turns out, the black female is the character to go. The stats are just great. Either way, the problem is, with the GoG-version I could not backtrack to check the other passage after the branching-part, and the game is simply not that interresting - and after a point is very boring becuase you just cakewalk it.
It's not a bad game if you can tolerate the combat-system, but it doesn't offer much aside that combat system, which is: cast a spell, stand around 10 minutes to regain mana, go to the next enemy.
And magic is still was faster and effective than melee, because in melee you'll hit air too many times, and your damage will just remain in the D10, D12 range, while your spells will do 100 reliably.