Thread: TienKhoaNguyen
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #182
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, your only "fault" is being too talkative, but while you are in flood theme (i.e. Chatterbox), it's totally ok. Only try to not speak all this non-game things in the game-related threads, and we all will be good.

Speaking about contribution, you are usually does it three ways:
- either you put your files at the external file storing service and give us the link
- or you upload the file right into thread (if it's small enough)
- or you ask Japo for credentials and upload it on the Abandonia FTP.

Also, I recommend to buy and install any good commercial antivirus (I am in Russia, so "good" for me means Dr.Web or Kaspersky Anti-Virus. If you are outside of Russia, you probably have another options. Like Norton Anti-Virus for example). Main downside of any antivirus is disk monitoring that can slow your computer - sometimes significantly. But upside is that you can be free of virus fear.

And if you don't know, it's totally possible to get virus directly from the malicious sites, without installing any games or consciously run anything. Or you can be victim of security breach, without any actions at all. So I prefer to have anti-virus always on.
Could you relay to Mr. Japo that I need credentials. I was looking at the ISO cellar and wanted to download Lode Runner however none of the links worked. One of the link was 300+ megabytes however the file was corrupt and would not unrar. Lode Runner is one of my favourite growing childhood games. I used to have it either on the Atari 2600 or Commodore 64/64C. I was looking online and didn't see Lode Runner officially listed on eBay. However there were 40+ pages of DOS games on there.

Thank you for your advice on virus+anti. I just do not install one because the free one I have locks up my computer while the ones you buy are too expensive for my budget. So I just reboot when I get hit. Not a big deal really.

Man. It's good to be back! hehe Hopefully the Mortal Kombat saying isn't that freightening.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen