View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #2892
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:

An important note is that your squaddies have stats. Some stats are better than others. Heavy things should be given to strong soldiers. Scouting and door openning should done by soldiers with high reactions. Soldiers with low reaction are good for carrying heavy weapons (if they are strong enough). Reaction fire with a rocket launcher is one of those things that tempts one to reload.

Strength, endurance, firing accuracy, and throwing accuracy all get better if a soldier carries stuff, runs around, shoots weapons, and throws grenades. Reactions also get better if a soldier reacts to the sudden appearance of an alien, but only fast soldiers actually have much chance to get faster. At the highest difficulty level, against sectoids, none of your soldiers are fast enough.

Not every soldier needs a medikit. There can only be 85 things in the transport, so you bring stuff that gets used.

[/b]
a good idea is also to use soldiers name (which you can modify) to help you with equiping. For example you can rename you soldier Pat Stevens MEDIC. what you do is first check his stats. you can see that he has a lot of time unit's but not enough strength (or maybe he just can't shoot streight). so why not give him a medkit and make him a medic? That way when you are equiping soldiers befor eth emission all you have to do is look at their name extensions. Luke HWDUDE for heavy weapons guy with maschine gun
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor