View Single Post
Old 14-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #9
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Now that is what I want to see!

I tried writing for a bit myself. Managed to write some sort of backstory for TheChosen and Bulubane.

*Bonus image for anyone who wants to use it*

Aw man, duuuude. This killing is giving me munchies!

TheChosen, former bard now turned into a petty thief. He had fame and everything, travelled all around the realm playing in inns, pubs, church sermons and even in noblemens courts. He lived fast, played loud and partied hard. Then, he got addicted to fairy dust. He spent piles and piles of gold for new sacks of dust. It first destroyed his mind, then his artistic skills and finally, his career. He had to turn into a thief and steal to fuel his addiction to this white fantasy powder.

Now, he's the leader of this ragtag bunch of warriors. With heroics, he's looking to reclaim his former fame and glory, and score some cash for more fairy dust.

'roit lads! Now see me men-tits dance for ye!

Bulubane was strong. Very strong. She spended most of her youth in illegal fight rings, becoming a popular name in the underworld. She was deadly, brutal and extreme, but she graved for more blood and victories. However, as a woman, she was always looked down. Then she went to meet the local apothecary, who gave her pills. Pills that turned her tits into SOMETHING MORE MAAAAANLYYYY!

However, Pro wrestling wont be invented in long time, and now Bulu looked more like some sort of manly mutant with a female beauty (No one has dared to check the contents of her pants...). Thus, she was no longer taken seriously in the fighting circles. To prove that she's still the ruthless killing-machine, she joins in TheChosens quest for fame, which gives her a good change to find and kill the strongest creatures and fighters in the realm.

And now, on with the game!

So, last we left off, we were at the hallway looking at the final door. We bash it open and we enter a bit of new looking area; it has different kind of walls. Looking around we find more locked doors and get encounters here and there, but nothing special.

We bumb into a orc patrol and decided to give parlay a try. TheChosen tries to be sly with the group and they offer to forget that they saw us If we bribe them. Naturally, we refuse and instead whack them to death.

We then enter into a large room, which is apparently hemp market. I guess the slums arent totally empty, as there's some people there. We also hear someone talking about a treasure being hidden in the northwest corner. Interesting.

I decide to check out northwest, and find a building there. Doors are locked but bit of bashy bashy and were in. On right to us, there's a small storage room with nothing interesting. The other room, however, contains Hobgoblings.

Hobgoblin (II): These are human-sized, intelligent relatives of the
goblin.

So in other words, the strongest monster we've met so far. Not by much though...

The hobgoblings are arguing over a pile of gold. When they see us, they shout "THIEVES!" and attack. There's only five of them, so TA puts them to sleep and we slaughter them.

The results were great. There's some gold and a long sword for Tomekk. However, the real gold pile has 500 pieces of gold and 50 pieces of platinum! The party also gets lot of XP for finding the treasure!

We also find a short bow and a ring, both which look bit mysterious. Naturally, we take them.

I switch to overhead map and notice an odd space at the northwest corner. I try out and BAM! A secret wall. From that small room we find another hidden treasure! More XP for everyone! 1100 electrum, 80 gold, 55 platinum, 2 gems and one jewel. Also, another strange looking bow which we take with us.

We go back outside and look around a bit. We find two exits, which apparently takes us deeper to the slums. We decide not to explore them yet.

We then find a very smell stables. After going deeper inside, we eventually end back to the room near the hallway where this update started. We get out and find a room near the stables, full of feasting kobolds!

A battle ensues with lots and lots of kobolds. I didnt want to take any risks, so Tomekk buts 1/3 of them to sleep. We eventually slaughter them all. A kobold leader tries to escape, but he gets axe to the back, courtesy of Hunvagy. Lots of XP from this fight! We also find strange looking bracers. Nothing else interesting in the room.

Nearby we find something interesting: A building with windows! Doors not even locked! We go in and inside we find an old gypsy woman. She says that she's a fortune teller, and she will tell us the future for some copper coins. Game gives us options to pay, attack or leave. Since Arcanum has taught me that attacking Gypsy fortune tellers is a bad idea, I decide to pay instead.

The woman's hands make mystic passages while she mutters some words. Her voice undergoes a strange transformation....

"Blood and violence are writ boldly in your future. Look for friends where you expect enemies and enemies where you expect allies"

Hmm...very interesting. Could this be foreshadowing of things to come? Game offers us option to attack him, but we decide to leave instead.

Opposite of the fortune teller is another house. We break in through the door and find lots of orcs. "How dare you break into our home!" they claim.

This one was toughest fight so far. There were lots of them, plus 4 leaders with bows. Both Tomekk and Hunvagy had to use their sleep spells. Fortunately, nobody died and we get a lot of xp from this. And loads of money too!

Looking at the stats, some of our party members are ready to get to the next level, so I decide to head back to Phlan. First though I checked the Council clerk to see If I've cleaned the slums. Apparently not, since she didnt give me any rewards. No new proclamations either.

We then head to shop. We sell some of our extra loot and identify our mysterious treasures. Turns out the ring is +1 ring of protection, Bracers have 6AC and both bows are +1 short bows! Great find. We sell one of the bows for some more money and give the other to Tomekk.

We then head to training area. We had enough money (apparently ID'ng costs a lot, but the game didnt state how much) to get Oak, Bulubane and Hunvagy to the next level! They're now stronger and have more hitpoints.

TheChosen also had enough points, but we didnt have any more money. Tomekk and TotalAnarchy still need more points.

While walking at the training halls, we met up with some guy offering us change to duel. I decided to throw Bulu into a fight and she won quite easily, winning her 100xp. The guy then asked If we'd want to hire some NPC's to our party. Considering our situation, I refused.

We headed to an inn and got ourselfs a room. Oak can now memorize four spells and on next level he's gonna learn some new spells. Oak memorizes four cure light wounds. We heal the little wounds we have left and consider our next move.

Yes, what should it be? So far this has been working out quite well. We could go back to the slums and go through the gates to the new area, or we could actually try clearing the Sokal Keep.

What do you think guys?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen