Thread: PC Vs MAC
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #67
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Heh, just get both. As web developer I need to have both to test browser compatibility on both platforms. Both have thier bonuses.

But the better question is MacOS and Microsoft Windows, isn't it? If MacOS was a bit more similiar in using a second mouse button and contextual right click menus, I'd think it would be ideal, since you have a wonderful GUI on top and have access to the power of Linux as well.

In anycase, competition is good. I'd hate to see a world that is only PC and cause Microsoft in complacency. Even if Mac has a small percentage, its vital for the PC world that it exists to push Microsoft to do more innovate things.

If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the legacy PC architecture and just create a whole new computer from scratch with all the need for backward compatibility. So my vote, a 3rd computer brand! Too bad NeXtStep computer didn't do well. I used them at work and those were nice computers. Made by Steve Jobs, apple creator, back when he left to form his own computer.

gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth