[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
>imgmount d [path to directory coldream]\coldream\cdream1.iso -t iso
>mount c [path to directory coldream]
>c:
>cd coldream
>runme
Perhaps we should ammend this in the review..?

Somewhere a bit higher up than the very bottom of a very lengthy, bulky review, perhaps?
I would read it, because I read. But there's no white space and it looks challenging (maybe that's why I read it?) so that could put people off from getting to the "How to Work this Game" bit.

And include mounting instructions for every game that needs it that doesn't already have it put as easy to understand, as Luchsen has presented it above?
I don't mind doing some gopher work.

Cos people don't really read the dosbox for dummies thing. They only use the forum from the games discussion post.
Granted, it may be that they'll discover the forums and then start using them... But idk.

Even if someone was just out to get the game and didn't read the review, they may check out the game page as it'd be their first link to where they got the game from - us.

Maybe they won't press the back button, but if they want to go into the discussions to ask, there's a chance they'd look at the whole page and see their solution first.

This would mean we'd have to read less game disussion threads every day. Especially if there's a redirect to troubleshooting forum...
It's hard to tell whether a post could be just "nice game", experiences, problems or anything.

It may not be ideal for getting people into the forums, but it'd be useful for the users that just come here for games and less work for us.

Last edited by Saccade; 25-08-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: oops.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade