View Single Post
Old 20-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #47
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Necromancers? Where? This? Oh, no, it wasn't dead, it was... sleeping.
Enjoy

Mens mentis
Today, I was lied to

The departure platform was bland and unimaginative. It struck me, so out of tone it was – It had been exciting, exalting (and sometimes even delirious). But it did not matter, the changes would tone in and out with the rumblings in the distance, thunder on horizons yet to be seen, bravely defying the slogans written on the wall seemingly forever*.
I could not be bothered. My business was important to me and set instances of quantified change were approaching quickly, unseen at first, unrecorded as they were in the little worn-out notebook, re-used too many times, I keep in my hat.

Walking down the steps yet one instance more, and again I found myself surprised by the path as it lay before me; it seemed a hopeful sign, but the rumblings grew louder yet. I would not pass, I could not. A trip to Activity Actual costs pounds of Concentration, what I had fell through my fingers while counting.

Stinging arrows of Distraction are all I have at such quantities, the rumblings deafening as my notebook began to smoulder and smoke on the edges. I sighed (but could not put it out; it started to burn instead) and walked away – Green fields a muddy mess, the playful rivers dry and dusty deserts of sand, swirling suspiciously;

Tomorrow, I lied.

It is that I in wonder stare
..Because lie lies but the yonder,
....And the horizon lies everywhere.