View Single Post
Old 29-08-2005, 08:46 PM   #22
good idea oh lord

@ strangelove

I played the game and it was too hard and too dry for me, too. Nevertheless the subject and the design of the game still attract me in a certain way.

I found your review very good in describing the game, although 2 points seems a bit harsh for such a well written business sim.

By the way: During the first war airships were used on both sides and in the second world war it was the British who started the bomb raids on Germany, not the other way round. Throwing bombs wasn't a German invention, but a generally accepted war strategy used mainly by the Allies not the Germans.

And although you are right that the raids had no effect on the outcome of the war, I wouldn't call half a million slain men, women and children on both sides merely a 'psychological effect'.

After the war all German patents went to the Allies and they made extensive use of them.

Zeppelins just weren't useful in war, and were rather unreliable without the satellite support of today, so the money for development went into planes.

Airships could be highly useful in civil areas nowadays and be it just for ecological reasons. But Helium is still quite expensive.

This said: In my opinion your description of the game is excellent and interesting to read. So I would give your review 5 points. ;-)

For our non-German friends: The company Zeppelin still exists and drives a huge Zeppelin-airship, which is still a majestic sight.