View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 12:54 AM   #238
Asayake
Default Got it Running Thankyou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering User View Post
Here's how I got it to work successfully with WinXP under DosBox without needed to use Daemon Tools.

1) Installed DosBox.
2) Made a C:\Emu folder, which gets mounted by DosBox as c:\. Command is "Mount c c:\emu"
3) Used WinRar to extract all the files in the wiz7.iso to c:\emu\wizard~1\. Because of the way the iso is set up, a folder w7 was created within that folder, so the files are located at c:\emu\wizard~1\w7.

4) Used the old DOS 'subst' command to use that as another drive. Command is "Subst i c:\wizard~1\w7".
5) Opened DosBox, changed to the I: drive, ran the wizardry install to c:.

Game runs fine with no problems now from the batch file within the directory the install created on the 'c' drive. Just remember that the 'subst i c:\wizard~1\w7' command has to be executed before you can run Crusaders.
Thank you so much for this clear explanation! I was having many of the difficulties reported by others and finally managed to get it working with your help. turns out I was overcomplicating the install, trying to open it as a file install.exe in either DOSBox or MSDOS just gave me a blue screen previously, didn't realise until your post it was simply enough to type "Install c"

Thankyou!!! and happy gaming!