View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 10:27 PM   #13
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

From ExchangeRate.com: 100,000,000 USD US Dollar = 54,143,000 GBP Pound Sterling.

This would mean that you're halfway there, by current standards (I have no idea what standard was really used in the game).

To make a screenshot I used the option built in the game itself. Go on the big red ? and hold the menu there until it dropdown (instead of using the ? option) and go to "Take a screenshot". You then only need to convert the .pcx to .jpg and post it on this thread. That's what I did so I am pretty sure it will be alright for the image size limit of this board.

I recommend that you use US$ dollards for the challenge. Having to convert the currency each time would be hazardous at best and may result in false convertions. If everyone use the US$ standard from the game then we will be absolutly sure that everyone is equal.

I also tryied to make as much money as possible with another landscape (I always use the random generator). I took the desert landscape (for the sake of not always playing the same thing, which get boring) and managed to only get 36,000,000$ by my old record (1996). There is probably a set landscape which bring more money than the others, and so everyone knows I did the current record on the default temperate landscape.