Thread: More Html Help
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Mar 9 2006, 03:36 PM
Also the much loathed and misunderstood FRAMES can be used.

They aren't as bad as people think.
I use them on my own site in fact, and can say that they have quite helped.
hey, i love frames
i thnk that whole problem of ppl who dont understand is that most of newbees put source(i mean<body> stuff of frames) in to "frameset" HTML file (some index.htm for example)

so if you whish to use frames

// <-is note if you wont figure it out=)
Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>bobbins site</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET COLS="10%,*" BORDER=0> //COLS meants that you ll have vertical frames (you can use ROWS too, which means tha you are making horizontal frames); i have defined size of frame in percents but you can use pixels too(likeCOLS="100" ); borders.. are borders=)(size of it)

*<FRAME SRC="c:\..blahblah.htm" NAME="1st frame" SCROLLING=AUTO NORESIZE>//put file you want to be shown in first(left) frame; name is used to acces frame from any other(like <A HREF="site.htm" TARGET="1st frame" >); i think you have figured out what scrolling is=]; noresize is that you wont be able to resize on "mouse over border of frame", man just put it there, cuz all the sites look very n00bish without noresize frame property
 *<FRAME SRC="c:\..blahblah2.htm" NAME="2nd frame" SCROLLING=AUTO NORESIZE>//second frame

</FRAMESET>

<NOFRAMES>
<BODY>
for explorers without frame support there will be some text
</BODY>
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

dont put anything else in to this file (except noframes part, if you wish..)