View Single Post
Old 19-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #9
Hamster of Doom
Abandonia nerd

Of course itīs nice to see that Abandonia is improving. But when I read the text, Iīm not really sure, what to think of this...

I mean, as some others said before, itīs a company and Iīm sure, they want something in return for their help. Maybe Iīve just met the wrong companies until now, but I donīt know a company, that would give away so much help basically for free. Not to mention the fact, that Abandonia is dedicated to abandonware. Even if this site is in contact with with ESA and doesnīt host warez, it still can not be called officially legal, or can it? Neither do I want to sound too pessimistic nor do I want to paint everything in black, but I just canīt help myself; I am really curious why a company takes the risk to make contract / offer a partnership with a site that is far in the grey area. There must be something, that makes it worth it. And that worries me...

And as we are allowed, to ask questions, iīll ask a question. :w00t:

Quote:
They have agreed to offer [...] in exchange for marketing rights and ad inventory.[/b]
Could you explain this a bit, please?
"Ad inventory" seems clear; they decide which ads appear on this site. But what does "marketing rights" exactly mean? In my ears that term sounds like itīs more than just the right to choose which ads do appear. Can you please tell us, what this "Studentis Group" is allowed to do, when they become the owners of the marketing rights of abandonia?
Hamster of Doom is offline                         Send a private message to Hamster of Doom