Thread: Music!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
ado
Forum hobbit

thanks for the replies!
hadiel>yes, that IS versatile. i don't really listen to classical music, but i appreciate it very much. incorporating it into modern stuff often sounds just great (lamb - gorecki - even though that uses a symphony from 20th century; or say, front line assembly - fragmented) so two thumbs up for that!
i used to listen to metal, but that's so long ago now! so i'm really off the track now as far as metal goes; sadly it doesn't do much to me now. i know i used to enjoy tristania though, for example, or within temptation... however after the two dubious covers i've heard from them (tori amos - crucify and kate bush - running up that hill) i've come to the conclusion they should stick to the original material no offense though. so what do you prefer?
i haven't heard the soundtrack to UT2004 as the game passed me by so to say; but i really really like what i've heard in the original UT (as well as unreal - wonderful tracks); UT's music was more on the dynamic side though of course, and i can imagine clubbing to that. actually, my bro's going to use it in his DJ set soon, wise choice i'd say...

Henning>if you haven't, you might try the other square composers too. yasunori mitsuda and yoko shimomura are those that come to my mind now; mitsuda's work for xenogears was delightful and shimomura's score for parasite eve.. i really enjoyed that too. the games are great too, by the way
anywaaay... what downbeat/trip hop stuff do you like? and do you like acid jazz? i've come to really like that some time ago.

looong reply.. duh.
ado is offline                         Send a private message to ado