View Single Post
Old 16-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
alvorsam

Smile

This is so amazing, but it had to happen some day (or so I'd been hoping for all these years). I tried the demo when it was brand new and instantly fell in love with it, although I actually just played a couple of minutes of the game, inside the castle. One thing I remember was the loading time when going up/down the stairs, and while it was a delight to watch the hand-drawn quality of the image that appeared, the waiting time made me forfeit the game altogether, not possessing the hardware to run the game normally.
I recognized the game immediately when I saw the screenshots here on Abandonia, and after installing I browsed through the files till I found the loading screens to make sure this really was the game I'd once played. Now I'm sitting here with a pounding heart, not yet daring to start the game knowing that the sweet memories I've kept in all these years will be crushed without mercy, the same way it did when I played P.O.D. (Planet of Death), re-released by GOG.COM, a few months ago, a game which I also had keen memories of, and had been playing everyday on my Win95 computer back then.

Thank you for letting me share my memories of delight with you guys, and special TY goes to ABANDONIA.COM and the three fellows allowing me to experience this meeting of chance!

- Sam
alvorsam is offline                         Send a private message to alvorsam