Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 02:21 PM   #32
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Welcome back Tom, one of the kindest person I met here long time ago.

I remember I was starting to help around when you left, you had this halloween pumpkin as avatar
And oh damn, how cute the old site was.
(Surprise! See below)

Too bad we didn't manage to work together on the site, your dedication was admirable and I can't deny you have been of some inspiration to me.

Long story short...

I've dedicated years to this place, helping around, organizing things, assembling Staff, doing politics with new site owners...
I've worked with some of the extraordinary people you can see here, who had the patience to share and bear some of my visions and projects.

(I greet you all btw, I hope you are fine )

During the migration to Drupal we had huge problems, we woke up in the morning and the site was different, so we just started to figure things out. I started studying Drupal to understand what we could / couldn't do and after some months of work we obtained some good results.
We didn't have much control on the site, so we tried to do our best to make things running again, we pushed the social side using social networks and organizing some competitions / games.

I had lot of fun and I can say that this place grew me up.
Of course there was lot of drama, it has always been periodical in this place, but the positive things were more than the negative, so I had the strenght to go ahead, even with all those problems.

We tried to collect some memories of this place, you may want to check the historical page, just in case you haven't done it yet: http://www.abandonia.com/en/story

There's also your picture on it

Data helped us alot and decided to stop his official presence as admin. He registered as a normal user because he had a public and social profile that he couldn't associate to Abandonware, and probably just had less time to dedicate to the site. But we had some fun with him, he is a nice person

I wish I had the time to follow the site like I did before, but life flows and my spare time is thinner and thinner.
Maybe a day we will rock this place again
Attached Images
File Type: png av-98.png (7.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png 34_1.png (46.9 KB, 9 views)