View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #16
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
What does it signify if the only thing I miss is that file renaming thing - and only because I do a lot of bulk file renames but need to keep the extensions?

Most of the new things in Vista annoy me because they mess up what was working well enough in XP already - hence why I remove them and turn it into a slightly newer XP for all intents and purposes.

Not that I'm a Vista basher specifically - it's probably more that I'd just go back to Win98 if I could because that's what I learnt to use a PC with
No offense but it sounds more like the typical "I'm used to it this way and I refuse to learn a new way" attitude that too many people are having. Eight years ago, I would also set Windows XP to Windows 98 (the Start menu, colour scheme, etc.) but I then decided I'd try to simply get the best set-up and with Vista it really pays off. It's not that Vista is worse, it's simply that it's different.

Microsoft are in a catch 22. If they improve Vista, people complain because it's different. If they don't change things, people complain saying it's barely different.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar