View Single Post
Old 23-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #1
Unregistered-Bibii-Guest
Default M.A.X. - Stuck at 00:00 at high X amount of turns

Hey all,

It is very nice to see such website for old games -still- running and I hope someone can acknowledge me with some kind of troubleshooting/help with my problem.

Off-Topic (shortly ^^):
M.A.X., Duke Nukem and Raptor were my first 3 games in the past and instantly my favourites as well. They're awesome and I still get those nostalgia feelings, especially when playing M.A.X. and Raptor! Duke Nukem was a bit 'creepy' :').

On-Topic:
As you people already might know, M.A.X. gets stuck at opponent's turn at 00:00 around 200+ turns. Rightclicking units results in a flash screen, pressing esc > quit the game doesnt work etc. If I remember correctly this happened to me back in 2000 as well when I got the game back then (not sure whether original or copy). At the moment I am using DOSBOX 0.74 to play it. Everything works perfectly fine just the freezes at 00:00 towards high turns ruins the fun =\.

Around turn 200s to 300s I have been able to get past the freezings by reloading the game several times and everytime hoping it turns into a new turn. Currently I am at turn 318 and I see my last NPC-opponent still doing moves, though, this time it definitely doesnt turn into a new turn - 319 - anymore even though restarting it many times =\.

Does anybody has any ideas if there are any tweaks possible to get past past/remove the freezings? It would mean a lot

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for anybody attempting to help me out!

Kind regards,

Bibii