View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gufetto View Post
Not to mention that I'm so noobish I can't understand why you say DX while I say DDRAW.DLL

Heelp!
Djees man, do you want me to explain the whole ins and outs of windows ...?????? Do you want a 5000 pages long tech blah blah explanation? You won't get it from me.

I say DX because ddraw.dll is part of DirectX , AKA as DirectX Application Program(ming) Interface (API) etcetera etcetera......
Started as DX 1.0 ..... and had a lot of updates since then...........
If you wanna know more: google, wiki, programmers sites, ......... and more, happy reading and learning.

If your game needs ddraw.dll: install the right ver of DX and you're all set.

Again: install it, not just copy/paste.

[Edit]
Ah well : http://www.oldversion.com/windows/directx/

[Edit²]
Now that I think about it, is Ningyou Tsukai 2 a game that even can run on Win3 or does it needs Win9X .....?????
If it's a Win9X game you'll need VPC2007+Win9X, not dosbox Win3.

I have no idea and info on the net is scarce, so better look for the game's readme or similar ......

[Edit³]
The rare info on the net about this obscure game seems to indicate it's a W9x game, if so you're screwed, won't run in Win3.
Yeah yeah some can if you do tricks with win32 and similar, but reading gufetto's posts till now, good luck getting him to do so ... no pun intended.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 12-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider