Thread: Here's A Few...
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

heh the smartripper page says :
Quote:
This software is no longer available, this page is stored for archival puposes only.

On 1st of January, 2006, a new copyright legislation came into force in Finland that made it illegal to distribute tools that allow circumvention of technical copy protections. The legislation was approved by Finnish parliament and was based on European Union Copyright Directive, a law that each EU member state has to implement to their national legislations.

As AfterDawn Ltd is a company located in Finland, we have to obey the new copyright legislation and therefor, the software you were searching for, is no longer available. For more details on options we tried to find, how the law changed our site and more, please read this article. [/b]
luckilly there are other links pointing to the software. but still this is a very stupid law... here i am with a DVD which is not copyrighted, cause movies are mine and i want to transfer it to other formates. yet this directive/law prevents me to do that efficiently.

that's i will try the smart ripper when i get home. i see they also provide some guides on how to do it.

as for IE 7 thanks. i had it in back of the head that smth was "wrong" with it but couldn't put my finger on it. Well we will get him more RAM soon and then things will work more or less normal again.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor