Thread: Death Track
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Some tips from my side:

Lasers and Beams are some of the best weapons. Lasers are quick-firing and the third type is deadly in a few shots to most other cars. They don't have an ammo gauge, however, which can be annoying when you suddenly run out of juice. Beams don't fire as fast, but do not use any ammo which is a big plus.

The best engine isn't neccesarily a wise buy right on start, and if you pick Hellcat to begin with you'll have the medium engine onboard. That's enough to place in the top three on first and second races.

Also, this same engine when used at top speed can cause your car to fall out of the track on sharp turns and loops, even if all the other components are also maxed out. It's insane at straight portions of the track, though.

Upgrade your car first, then your weapons.

Missiles are a gamble, but if one hits it's usually a kill.

3 laps seems to be the best for speed-winners. Those who prefer blasting their opponents to bits will find 4-5 laps better.

Quote:
First, just a little correction of the review, which tells us about 'VGA sprites', well sprites are just sprites, but if you insist on the wording than it should be 'EGA sprites' (and you can run the CGA version as well using an option, afair).[/b]
Dunno. That didn't look like EGA to me when I was writing my review.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman