View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #16
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane View Post
I've remembered another terrible game, the second Dark Sun:Shattered Lands game, Wake Of The Ravager. I loved the first one, but Ravager was so amazingly buggy that it was unplayable when released, and I still hit a bug that made it impossible to complete when I replayed it last year. Buggy releases are a pet hate of mine, and for old games they were a complete disaster because you couldn't just hop onto the internet and find a patch back then.
I like both Dark Sun games. But the second game is indeed full with bugs. I remember being stuck because an object (I think it was either a door or an elevator) just disappeared. The only solution was to load previous saved games (luckily I had lots of save games, and made backups frequently). I was also stuck in the Sinking Stones Maze (Volcano Core) due to timer issue. Slowdown utilities did not help at the time. Reducing the cycles in DOSBox also did not help. Anyway, an administrator in the Dark Sun Online helped me passed that with my saved game. Other than that, nice game. Too bad they do not make this kind of game anymore in recent years... other than the buggy Temple of Elemental Evil, I guess.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi