View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #30
cnquist
Forum hobbit

Wow. I just read the review and none of the comments but I can say this was refreshing. It was good to hear a negative review on this game. I will say it didn;t change my opinion as this is one of my favorite games that I never beat. I think you are right that this game loses the feel of old classic RPG games with bare-bones for the story, however it feels a little more like a classic table-top RPG with a really good DM who can make up are really good and immersive story. Granted he isn't that good of an DM because he isn't very good at balancing combat. It was a joy to play and I sometimes go back and play it a different way just to see if I can find new things. I usually do. I think it is telling though that I never can finish the game and the reason is the combat just isn't very good. On that same not I can't finish other RPGs because the story and characters aren't any good. I guess it needs to find that happy middle ground. In my opinion many more games fall short in making a good story than in making combat fun. Overall it was good to read an extremely critical review on a game I usually praise highly.
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist