View Single Post
Old 20-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #15
semose

So I've been on a nostalgia trip lately, most recently with Crystal Caves. Now my mind has turned to a game that I thought was called Alone in the Dark for almost a decade. Seems the only thing the game I'm thinking of shares with that game is a genre or two.

Anyway, I looked through Abandonia's entire action and adventure sections, and couldn't find it, judging by the names and thumbnails. The game was 2D and mostly side scrolling, though one of the things that made it cool, especially for it's time was that the camera sometimes took a fixed perspective other than the standard one from the side.

The main character was a young boy, maybe 10 or something. The title screen was his tree fort. I'm not sure if the world in which you played was entirely from the main character's mind, but imagination played a strong roll in the story line. Save/load/options/exit were each their own wall in the tree house. The only bad guys I can remember were little gooy looking black creatures. They had very fluid movement. The art style was very cartoony. The theme of 'light vs dark' was prevalent. Maybe the gooy guys were shadows. A flashlight might have been a weapon. Or you're classic 1950's ray guy, or both, can't quite remember.

That's pretty much all I can remember, I didn't play it very much because it was quite hard for me back then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
semose is offline                         Send a private message to semose