View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
JackOLantern

Dosraider,

I am also using Virtual CloneDrive; its the only one that works flawlessly on Windows 7 and which otherwise has the least / no drawbacks as compared to the other software available. I used VCD to Mount the .IMG on E:\ and then virtually mounted it in D: in Dosbox, which is 0.74 on my machine.

As for the files, I created a new folder for troubleshooting purposes, as per the previous advice, in my user folder. I normally use a C:\ drive folder rather than in my user folder, which functions otherwise without error.

I used 7zp to unRAR the archives as a.IMG. I used 7zip with RLOFT (Strahd's Possession), and it worked without a hitch. That does not mean that I did it right this time, clearly =)

I assume that I need to unRAR the archives by selecting all the archives, or am I acting in error by doing so, and need only instead to select the RAR archive with the other files merely in the same folder?

Thanks,

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
.... ?
Must say I have the original game, created an BIN/CUE from my CD and it works flawless.
So there is a problem somewhere with what you do/have.

I see in the ISO cellar that the image is listed as "CCD" format, cloneCD, should do fine I guess.

Some questions:
What soft did you use to unRAR the image?
What soft did you use to burn the CD?
What's your dosbox version?
Did you delete all old RStone (Prophet) install folders on your dosbox virtual C ?

Maybe you'll need the CloneCD virtual drive to work correctly with the downloaded image, it's a possibility.
It's pretty good and freeware:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern