View Single Post
Old 20-04-2022, 02:06 PM   #540
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
And we are talking about after reading the manual.

the game also lacks any clue where the heck are you on the map, so though luck makring everything on paper.
It seems, you read manual not so thoroughfully as you thought.

You need Sorcerer's L1 spell. "Location". As description says, "In general, this spell is the key to successfull mapping".

It not stop the game being too boring and unfair (I gave up after second found city that was too high level for me, and several hours of mapping the mountains that gave me basically nothing). Maybe it requires several hundreds of hours invested, but I didn't found the game too interesting for that.

Quote:
Then I've done the mistake of moving to an open direction. This game turned out WORSE than the first two! It's horribly disorienting, even with the map!
Well, it's not so very disorienting, after you suited to it, actually... but map is highly recommended to any meaningful exploration. And I don't mean auto-map, of course.
Quote:
Then some goblin on my screen I thought is a decoration started waving. Obviously marking a hidden room or something. Took a while to figure out how to handle that, but why even put in the feature if you will just tell me it's a "hidden" room?
Because it's a feature of your character(s). Not every character is able to find the secret door, and, if I remember right, not always from the first try.
Quote:
Anyway, 2 rat jumped on me ANY MASSACRED HALF MY TROOPS.
Did you buy weapon/armor before? I don't remember what can be the problem here, but definitely I hadn't such problems when I played (fifteen years ago though).
Quote:
Genious. At least my HEALER was alive. So I thought, time for a healing spell! but the game thought nah, it'll be fine.
Umm... Why? I believe, "First Aid" is available practically everywhere (and manual says something along this way too).
Quote:
Xeen is the exact same game just bigger. F you, Might and Magic.
You gave up to early. I finished this game between my first crawlers in early 00s, mostly because of lack of the manuals and good understanding of English that made most of such games impossible for me, unlike M&M3. So, I believe, it must be somewhere around "semi-casual" difficulty. Unlike M&M1 (hardcore) and M&M2 (impossible without manual).

Hmm, actually, it brings up to the fact that I never played M&M2 meaningfully... Maybe worth to give it a chance now!