View Single Post
Old 14-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #23
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

PLEASE NOTE: Thanks to Phreeze_lu, we no longer need for a server host.

I've come to the unfortunate decision that I will be unable to host the server for the Abandonian-Exclusive TF2 Private Match. If someone is interested in hosting the server, please PM me so I can provide you with the files and instructions you need to do so. Note that while it's possible to run a TF2 server on Linux (in this case, ignore the OS requirements), I have very little experience with Linux, so you'd be pretty much on your own.

Here are the approximate system requirements necessary to host a 24-person server:
  • Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7
  • A 1.1Ghz Intel processor or equivalent
  • 512MB of memory
  • 960 Kilobits/second (kb/s) upload speed
  • At least 6GB of free hard drive space
If you want to play Team Fortress 2 on the same computer you're using as the dedicated server, these are the approximate system requirements:
  • Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7
  • 3.5GHz Intel processor or equivalent
  • 1GB of memory
  • DSL/Broadband (1 Gigabit/second download, 1.2 Megabits/second upload)
  • At least 6GB of free hard drive space (not including free space required to install Team Fortress 2)
If you're not sure about your computer's system specs, and you're not using Windows Vista or Windows 7, I recommend you use CPUID. Also, note that 1 byte equals 8 bits; therefore, a 960 kilobits/second upload speed is the same as a 120 kilobyte/second (kB/s) upload speed.

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010

Last edited by Expack2; 16-08-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Added more realistic requirements for hosting and playing TF2.
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2