Thread: Imperialism
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #22
Churchill
Thumbs up Best game ever !

Imperialism is definetely the best game ever !

Even now it is the only game I play regularly. One or two times in the year I am in the fever and have to play it, even I know all the moves inside out.

It's so frustrating that no later game was able to reach the high strategic level of imperialism, especially Imperialism II was near to calumny...I was so disappointed because I expected a game at the eye level.

The only drop of bitterness is the really bad KI. To make it more challenging I have to declare war on all great powers right after first round.

To give you guys a good advice: The first rounds wood is important but then the only thing what counts is producing steel. Dont conquer minor nations in the beginning but select the ones with the most iron/coal and make as many as you can satisfy to your favorite trade partners ! With this tactics you can make lots of money in the beginning and in the later game the steel-industry will bring you the victory !

But in all the years, there is one question I still have: Is it somehow possible to use the multiplayer-mode via LAN or even online? I tried it several times but it didnt work... playing against other humans would be so magnificent !