View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:18 AM   #144
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Um as far as I know I'm playing the diskette version of the game and I don't have a problem beating it on impossible. The computer players are limited in the same way as human players (can only have 2 tasks per area at a time, etc.), although yes they can get a discount on tasks (they can get one resource for free if they're missing it when they want to do a task). You don't see all the times when they send saboteurs that die en-route, you only see the ones that succeed. Policing the realm takes up one of their military tasks. I don't think I've had a computer attack me once I get to 8 or higher relations with them (maybe they do once I claim, forgot), a relations of 8 or 9 essentially means "allied". The Pope only gets pissed at you for attacking someone if they're already blessed (relations of 8 or 9 with the Pope).

I haven't played the CD version (i.e. pre-made castles with bonuses) so can't comment on them. But if you find it to be an "unwinnable nightmare" yet say the strategy gets "pretty transparent" then I'd say there's more you still have to learn about the game.
Completely have to agree here. If the guy who was quoted here by Vanshilar can't get around such a simple strategy game as this one then either strategy games are not for him or he needs to start with something way easier.

Good old days strategy games were real strategy games. Today strategy games barely scratch the surface in comparison.

Last edited by Eagle of Fire; 11-10-2015 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Typo.
Eagle of Fire is offline                         Send a private message to Eagle of Fire