View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #1
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

OK guys, here's my situation.

I went to a festival recently, due to all the rain we've been having recently, my shoes ended up fairly muddy. The actual mud on the shoes has come off due to general walking through puddles and it drying out and falling off and such things over time. However, the shoes are still distinctly grubby and theis isn't donig their coolness potential any good.

I'm thinking of putting them in the washing machine to clean them. I then plan to leave them in an airing cupboard to dry, since tumble drying things can actually do a lot of damage (seriously, never put a bra in a dryer (it warps)).

I'm planning on washing them at 30C for about a 10-20 minute cycle (telling the machine that it's a half-load). I'm also taking the laces out so they don't get tangled up in the machine or anything, maybe I'll find some way of washing them separately.

Any advice or alternate ways of washing shoes?

Btw, my shoes are Vans Churchills and look quite a lot like this (same colour and everything). My camera has gone walkies so I can't post pics of the actual shoes, I will if i find it though.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell