Thread: Graphic cards
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
KrazeeXXL
BORG

ah yea, the crappy new AMD drivers. :/

A friend and myself (we both use a 3850 btw) also experienced these bluescreens since the 10-11 drivers while using flash and ff. They occured 1-3 times a day.

So I contacted AMD support to tell them...

Got a message some days later and the service guy told me to go to the Sapphire Site (as I'm using a Sapphire card) and download the drivers there...

Ok I did so and downloaded the drivers there. Got some archive (rar, zip whatever) and extracted it. The file somehow looked farmiliar so I did an md5 check of both files. The one of the AMD site and the one from the Sapphire Site. And both of them were identical.

So I contacted the AMD support once more and asked the guy how the same driver, yea even the exact same file should solve my problem... (I also sent the md5 check )

As i didn't want to bother the guy more I also wrote that my only intention from the beginning was that this error could somehow be fixed...

He answered that he'll refer it to the responsible section.

So I checked 10-12 and then the new 11-01. error still there. So I stick with the 10-10 which works flawless. As I also don't play the latest games (would be impossible with my old machine here, too ) - I don't care anymore tbh.

My friend with the same card + problem still tries the latest drivers for some reason. But both of us think that this problem won't be solved and AGP support will be cancelled soon anyway (but I think it already was at least since AMD took over ATI...)

I didn't try for a long time but next to Omega Drivers I recommend the DNA drivers. They've helped me in the past.

btw I'll wait for the AMD Bulldozer. I hope it'll live up to it's name though

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 19-04-2011 at 05:29 PM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL