Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #18
florianix
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
... They pretend there is to strip you from your rights, make you believe statariums, soldiers on the street is for your own sake, and science can not be trusted, you must turn to their bronze-age god - it is NOT.
There is NO real scientist who is denying that this situation IS serious.
About the politicians - many of them might be stupid muppets indeed, but in this case they should not be blamed for taking what the scientists say serious and taking the right actions. Especially not those who also did that early enough. Not even the muppets.

Surprisingly its more ordinary people who are misinformed and believe stupid nonsense when compared to politicians (I'm not talking about some politicians from the americas here who still tend to neglect it...)

Also surprising how many of those idiots are talking about "scientific" reasons obviously not know anything about science themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
And all of them 80+, ...
Just read that the deputy british ambassador in your country passed away due to the virus at the age of 37.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
There's also the possibility of the virus mutating. I'm no biologist/virologist but I'd think the more the virus spreads, the higher the possibility of a dangerous mutation.
Indeed. Plus, it is also much more infectious compared with the flu.

Hope all you guys and your close ones stay healthy and are doing well during those troubled times.
florianix is offline                         Send a private message to florianix