View Single Post
Old 21-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I almost forgot, recently I've played some demo versions of various NASCAR racing games from Sierra, and most if not all of them have a built-in option to record and then view races that you have played. I think at least some other racing games have that too (which is only logical as this simulates real-life video records/TV broadcasts of races), but I'm not very familiar with the entire genre so I can't tell much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
EDIT: Just remembered another one: Starcraft. Not initially, but they added ability to record and watch replays in patches.
Yep, Stracraft and Warcraft III have the replay system which is pretty much an equivalent to recordable demos. I think I've encountered this feature in some other RTS games too but I'm not sure ATM.

Also, C-evo records every turn during a game, and stores them into a "book" which can be played back from the start as a non-interactive record of the game, or the player can go back any turn and play differently from there.

[Edit] Here's a list of RTS games with a replay system that are featured at GameReplays.org:
Quote:
Battlefield 3
Battle for Middle Earth
BfME2 BT2DC
CNC Generals
CNC Zero Hour
Command and Conquer 3
Command and Conquer 4
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War 2
Dota 2
Generals 2