Thread: Dragon Lord
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
Palocles
Abandonia nerd

Default Dragon's Breath/Dragon Lord

This is/was a fantastic old amiga game featuring three different lords (even the 'good guy' fed his dragons children though) who raised dragons from eggs, cast alchemist magic on the dragons and towns around them and used the grown dragons to control the surrounding countryside while searching for 3 parts of a magic thing.

It seems to be available as a DL for amiga emulators at the moment and i found a PC DL somewhere once but it had a corrupt file which meant the first trader (and maybe all the rest) didn't work properly. So i'd love to see a fully functional PC version here on Abandonia! I'll even review it for free! Hehhe.

The game is split into a few different types of activity which you can do most of each turn. There are screens where you can view your currently hatched dragons and incubating eggs. From there and any town viewing screen you can move to the alchemy set and mix spells to use on them.

Spells are one of the most important parts of the game and you buy new componenets from travelling merchants (which is why the corrupt file was terminal). There are dozens of things which can be cut, chopped, mixed, heated and distilled before being combined into spells but there is also the risk of making too powerful a spell and having it explode before you can cast it!

Spells can make dragons stronger, faster or smarter, towns grow faster or lose population and even gold appear in your coffers (IIRC).

I could go on and on...

Anyone able to make me a very happy man(child)?
Palocles is offline                         Send a private message to Palocles