View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #7
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Exclamation

One thing I remembered when using DOSBox and / or old games that run on Windows (ME / XP) is that when they get fullscreen, and after I exit the game, all open windows will have their dimensions changed. That made me frustrated back then.

One way around this would be that some games could stay in “Windows mode” by pressing CTRL + R.

Another way was in Compatibility Mode where in the options I could select the resolution of Windows Mode, probably the one you mentioned, in a way that minimizes this inconvenient problem.

Ah, when I played Alone in the Dark reboot, even though I was setting the resolution, it was the same thing before! I even understand the old games for being of different resolution, but Infogrames has no excuses for having so careless on that point.

EDIT:

I remembered that CTRL + R did not always work with all games.

I also checked the Compatibility Mode and the minimum resolution was unfortunately 640 x 480.

I also remembered that it was not just Alone in the Dark reboot, but Diablo II also caused the inconvenience of resizing the windows of all open programs.

Last edited by Mystvan; 12-09-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan