View Single Post
Old 31-10-2009, 08:24 AM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkassbitch View Post
I went to your Iso celler. You guys make it too complicated to download. I may sound like a twat but I can go to other sites and get the whole iso without having to download files that have to be "merged" with a third party software.
What do you mean? RAR is a standard compression format. You download the files, tell WinRAR (or what have you) to unpack them - and that's it.

The main reason this is done is to avoid things like you losing your connection after downloading 654 MB out of a 672 MB archive and having to redownload it from scratch again (public filesharing sites don't support resuming a download) or finding out that there was some error during transfer, the archive is corrupt and therefore unusable.

If someone uploaded an archive split with other means than just using RAR multi-part archiving, just tell us and we'll see what can be done to replace it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman