View Single Post
Old 15-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #52
red_avatar
Administrator

I'd even wager to say far more than just 10 million considering many people get it from other sources (including pre-packaged games) - DOSBox definitely boosted Abandonware sites. Before, there was only VDMS that was tricky to get working and had plenty of drawbacks. DOSBox did need a few years before the majority of PCs had CPUs powerful enough to run most games.

And yes, PCs and Amigas are often forgotten when it comes to retro gaming. In fact, there was a retro gaming exposition last year in Belgium. When I visited their forums and offered to bring my rare PC games to them, I got laughed at. "The PC hasn't got any worthwhile games" was the ignorant reply. Very sad but even while the organisers of the expo said I was welcome to come, I said thank you but no. If the other participants were going to be so arrogant and ignorant, I preferred to save the effort for an expo that had some real gamers instead of fanboys.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar