View Single Post
Old 28-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #7
ianfreddie07
wat

OK, I was thinking of methods for them to stop botting without them getting mad at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman
Report them to the server authorities.
They'll get banned and that's it.
Hmmm... I thought of something in the vein of that. I would rather report to the server authorities that they should fix/patch the game and prevent it from running bots. That way, I'd be fair. I get some PC time, they get some PC time but the PC will be turned off and everyone walks away a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang
If they ask you to run the bot, say no.

If they insist, tell your dad.

But you should give them a break now and then.
Saying no is not a good option. I already kept telling my dad, and my dad keeps scolding them and telling them a hundred eleventy billion times to turn off the PC when not in use. Break? They have their own PC to take a break with. They shouldn't enslave my dad's PC, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Pie Jones
Things like this make me glad I didn't have older brothers!
What game, BTW?
I sometimes thought that I wished I didn't have older brothers... The game is ZX Online, another generic chinese fantasy themed MMORPG. Nothing special about it. Same MMORPG pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN
Actually, Fifth's idea is a good one. Either that, or hack the bot to epic fail.
I could do that. Either make the bot shutdown and restart the PC (Fake virus trick) or... I could make the bot rickroll someone. Good idea. Then they'll go epic fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb
Bots run off of files right? Liek some sort of .Exe? If thats the case, delete the exe. I personally love fifths idea.

See my brother just plays on the computer all day, which is fine, he has a laptop which is WORSE then this pc but he plays WoW...pfft..WoW..
They do. If I delete the EXE, they'll suspect something. I wanted to play WoW, but now I don't. It's a great MMORPG but the players... not so great.