View Single Post
Old 20-01-2005, 03:19 AM   #40
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

I link the possibility to always have the world in my pocket.. Anyone can contact me, and i can contact anyone, whenever i like..
If i don't want to be contacted, i simply turn of the radio-transmitter (my phone has that option to turn off all radio-sources) and save that battery as a bonus, and still have access to all other services.. eg. if i wanna read a book or listen to an audio-book and just relaaaaxx..

Nah.. if i wanna send a looong text-message, i'll just send it as an e-mail or boot up ICQ/MSN or IRC... it fills my personal uses.. and judging of other ppls comments here, i seem to be a heavy (?!) user.

I can understand why Danny doesn't use a cellphone.. he's still to young i guess.

Anyway, it's fun to see how ppl use the possibilities the GSM-net actualy offers.

Ofcourse most ppl never uses the GPRS-feature at all, unless they recive a MMS from someone.. but rather uses it to call voice-calls and SMS.

In reply to Picards post, last summer we had a major give-away-war here in sweden also.. Xbox, bikes, 15" LCD's.. they basicly threw the phones at you along with extra freebees. Just to hook you up for 24-36 months..
Usualy the "free" phone is ANYTHING but free.. Many times you pay a set ammount, and nothing comes for "free" in that sum. You just pay it....

So, watch out what you actualy get.

Here is my current deal (all / month):

400 Min voice to fixed and withing same network
50 Mins Voice to other Cell-nets
50 Mins Video to all nets
50 SMS to whoever i like
50 MMS to whoever i like
100 Emails to whoever i like
100 SEK (11€) of services, eg News, Music videos, live music, ringtones and so on on theire portal-service..
Don't pay for any data-trafic on the portal, and 9 SEK (1€) / MB data outside to the net, eg WWW, MSN and so on.

Downside it high rates OUT of the country..
Upside is, when my minutes are used, i keep calling to own network 100% free with no hidden fees.. pure free.. both voice and video