View Single Post
Old 20-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

The golden days of the video gaming industry is over. Get over it, we are definitely not the people who can make those billion dollar choices which define the 'industry'. Note I said industry, not culture. We're not about feelings anymore, we're about sold copies, virtually or not. As a cracked reader I'm pretty much aware of the future of the so-called gaming industry: you'll be literally forced to pay monthly subscription fees to some repititive and uninteresting team-oriented games where you need to pay for every small feature. Battlefield Heroes, to name a name?
I know some of us welcome this very future, where adventure and logics demanding games will be anything like Final Destination 3 (as I have said this before somewhere): You will only choose a pathway, and you will just see a nice HQ rendered movie. 21st century fun!
Or you will play games directly streamed from the developers' servers... etc. We all know this right now.

As for playing new and old games simoultaneously: that's a quite time and wealth consuming option. If you buy a console, it's either a simple, outdated Wii, which only really works if you've got some folks to play with, or an Xbox which as a M$ product can red ring anytime, anywhere, or a PS3, which is, nice, and all, but the games are the same as anywhere else, and besides, they are expensive as hell. Even if you pirate them. As a morally degraded person, I tried to come up with a saving solution, but buying a Blu-Ray writer and discs is as expensive as buying the games themselves, so... (I don't even recall seeing a blank BR disk anywhere too).
Or maybe I could buy a PC, which is not only expensive, but can span a billion of problems, not mentioning that you can still only play the same boring games you could have on the consoles mentioned above.

All in all, we have no real option if we want to be picky about videogames and want something artsy-feelsy thing we hunger for since the last time we got it...

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker