View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
NorthSaber

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest+Jul 11 2005, 08:24 AM****
QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 11 2005, 08:24 AM)
******QuoteBegin-NorthSaber@Jul 11 2005, 06:23 AM
Well, starting with the Daemon Tools, I don't see it in any area in windows on the left; there is a small icon at the bottom right corner of the screen though. Doesn't allow me to mount a folder or any of the files within the W7 folder.
It allows you to mount the ISO of the game that you have when you download it from here. And you need to mount it, so it becomes a CD drive, which Daemon Tools are for. Right click on that icon at the bottom right corner and mount the ISO file, wherever you located it yourself after downloading. [/b][/quote]
I downloaded the zipped rar archive again just to be sure, but there's no .iso file included - did I misunderstand something again?

Wait a minute - it seems that the file my computer claims to be a .rar file is actually an image file that can be mounted; damn Windows 2000 and its lack of complete file names! :ranting:

:Brain: :w00t: Got it working! It was the image file that was eluding me... otherwise the instructions were perfectly fine. For people who have this same problem, the image file is the one that comes out of the .zip archive, and to mount it, activate Daemon Tools, and right-click on its icon at the bottom right corner in windows, near the time. There, go to the virtual CD-ROM option, take the top option (device E and select mount image - there choose the image file for the game. For me, the drive letter then became E:, so in the instructions above, replace the g:/ with e:/, and you'll be fine.

Thanks Abandonia! :bye:
NorthSaber is offline                         Send a private message to NorthSaber